Are you ready to sell or transition your business?
What do you want to do next?
Whether building your business to sell or to leave a lasting legacy, each owner has a unique need for value planning to ensure personal and financial readiness for the next stage of life – whether a new business venture or retirement.
“There’s an anticipated 10 trillion dollars worth of businesses transitioning in the next 10 years. We’re well into the first year of transitioning from our baby boomers, averaging 65 years. So, we have roughly nine years left of that.”
“Here’s some things to think about…
- four-and-a-half million companies is what is anticipated to be sold…there aren’t that many Millennials around that would want to purchase that many businesses;
- if, in years 7 8 9 and 10 of this 10-year period, your business isn’t attractive to a buyer, you’re not likely to sell it.
So, proper planning, especially in the later years, is really really important.”
John Placht can help you create and preserve the wealth in your company and ensure a successful transition when the time comes. An effective exit planning strategy has three goals:
Exit Planning services include:
- Exit and Succession Plans
- Business Owner Contingency Plans
- Business Valuations
- Keep or Sell Testing
- Value Drivers Analysis
- Profit Building Analysis
- Due Diligence for Buyers and Sellers
- Post Sale Transition Planning
- Exit Tax & Estate Plans
- Personal Financial Planning
- Risk Management/Insurance Planning
- Wealth Transfer Planning
If you’ve spent time and money educating yourself on the process of how to transition your business, you know there’s a lot to consider; getting your personal, financial, and business goals aligned (meaning, they are defined, co-dependent, and linked), creating a contingency plan (including a buy-sell agreement and has been communicated to your advisors and family), is a lot to consider.
Work with John to create your transition plan, including goals and objectives, clearly defined task and accountables, definition of your transition team, process timelines, a plan leader to coordinate your advisors, a budget and your role before and after transition.